Read the December 2022 issue of Mithomahcihowin – NCN Family & Community Wellness Centre’s bi-monthly health and wellness news update.
Christmas Comes to the FCWC
And just like that, the holidays have arrived in NCN and the Family and Community Wellness Centre!
On December 8th, the Family Enhancement and Counselling team hosted a Christmas Dinner for Elders. People enjoyed free transportation, fun and a delicious meal. They even had the chance to share their Christmas wishes with Santa!
Jordan’s Principle hosted a free pancake breakfast at the multiplex on Dec 21, with a huge, hearty meal followed by arts and crafts. They also organized a window decorating contest, with prizes for the top five.
Because the holidays can also bring up difficult feelings like sadness, Grief Circles were organized by Jackie Walker, Charlene Kobliski and Elizabeth McDonald on December 5, 6 and 7th.
“There are many days that hit you extra hard when you are grieving,” says Walker. “They are the days that the world just goes on at its normal pace while some of us are struggling to stay afloat.”
Attendees at the grief circles had the opportunity to share their feelings and light candles in honour of their loved ones.
Get your kids involved in the colouring contest, on until December 28. Colourings can be picked up at the FCWC or the Three Rivers Store.
For more information, contact Issiah or Juanita at (204) 484-2341.
There are many activities planned throughout the month to celebrate and enjoy fellowship. Watch the Family and Community Wellness Centre page on Facebook so you can participate!
Read the December 2022 issue of Mithomahcihowin for the full story.
IN THIS ISSUE:
- PERSONAL JOURNEY: Bringing Traditions to Your Holiday Season
- FAMILY SUPPORT: Movember Moustaches in Support Men’s Health
- COMMUNITY HEALTH: Get Some Fibre Magic in Your Diet
- Bringing Traditions to Your Holiday Season
- NCN Rides the Latest COVID Wave
- FCWC Presents its AGM Online
- Moustaches For Men’s Health
- The magic of fibre
- Toys For Toddlers
- Learning About Toddlers
- So You’re Raising a Toddler
- Your Path to Wellness: Dreamcatchers Headstart Program
- Your Path to Wellness: Manitoba Telehealth