Salary: $34,292.00 Annually
Closing date: February 15, 2021
The Community Health Representative will be under the general guidance and direction of the Health Director. The CHR will be directly responsible to the Health Director on matters relating to his/her program’s operation.
- Assist with homes and personal situations by listening and providing assistance with health-related problems, by counselling, advising and referring them for further help or treatment when required
- Work with the PHN and/or Physician to obtain and correct person health histories of Band Members
- Record the weight, height, temperature, pulse and blood pressure of individual Band Members when indicated
- Provide information and advice to Band Members regarding available Health and Social Services
- Obtain water samples for analysis when requested by Band Members or when indicated for safe health practices. Record the results of the analysis in the appropriate file and inform the household of the results
- CHR’s involved in culture liaison may translate language and describe routine medical processes
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to relate well to people of all ages, individual and in groups
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Ability to keep client information confidential
- Enjoy helping people in the community, gathering information & maintaining records and implementing innovative health programs
- Certified Health Care Aide
- Grade 12
- Experience in the health field.
All resumes should include a cover letter indicating your expression of interest.
Submit all Applications to:
Anna Nadine Spence
Interim Director of Human Resources
Family & Community Wellness Centre Inc.
Nelson House, MB R0B 1A0