The FCWC Home and Community Care Department is seeking a nurse for our foot care program. At this time we are seeking a self-directed and self-motivated person with knowledge and background in Foot Care, with experience in organization, planning, implementation and program evaluation. Experience with presenting workshops and public speaking is required. This position will work on a full-time basis with community members, collaterals, and the FCWC Health Team.
The Foot Care Nurse will fall under the general direction of the Director of the Home and Community Care Program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Foot Care Nurse is responsible for ensuring that the quality of the Foot Care services to patients in the community and facility setting is compliant with legislation and standards of practice.
- Conduct foot assessments continually, provide a foot care treatment.
- Electronic scheduling and documentation
- Continually assesses, anticipates, identifies and responds to new and changing needs of clients
- Work within the Home and Community Care program providing support and assistance as required
- Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse
- Current registration and in good standing with respective regulatory body in the province of Manitoba
- Graduate of a certified foot care course or willing to obtain on commencing employment
- Current BLS certification
- Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check to be submitted
- Knowledge and respect for the culture, traditions and customs of the local First Nation communities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Must have a valid class 5 Manitoba Drivers’ License at all times and be willing to travel
- Ability to speak an aboriginal language would be an asset.
All resumes should be accompanied with a cover letter indicating your expression of interest.
SALARY RANGE: $72,307 – 79,318
CLOSING DATE: 4:30pm July 3rd, 2020
Submit all Applications to:
Director of Human Resources
Family & Community Wellness Centre
Nelson House, MB R0B 1A0
Phone: 204-484-2341 Fax: 204-484-2351