Salary: Receptionist – AY2 $37,472.00 annually.
Location: Designated Intake Office 79 Selkirk Avenue, Thompson.
Closing date: December 11, 2020.
Under the DIA supervisor’s direct supervision, the receptionist provides services and/or assistance to Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation Family and Community Wellness Centre team.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives and handles all public inquiries via telephone/answering machine and/or in-person.
- Directs public to appropriate persons within the agencies and, where necessary, screens calls and/or person inquiries.
- Obtains demographic information on the intake or case-specific situations and, where necessary, assists in identifying and relaying/distributing information to collaterals or redirects to appropriate individuals, e.g. referrals/intake.
- Accurately records messages and sends the notice electronically.
- Responsible for all outgoing mail and ensures proper postage; delivers same to the Post Office, including fax machine.
- Responsible for contacting the courier to arrange for pick up and delivery of parcels; arrange for same on mail run days to appropriate agencies
- Provides typing services as may be required from time to time and/or as directed by immediate supervisor
- Responsible for updating telephone listings and forms as deemed necessary and as associated with the roles/responsibilities
- Ensures entrance doors to the office building and mailroom are unlocked/locked upon the office’s open and closure.
- Maintains workstation by ensuring that area is kept neat and highly organized whenever possible. Systems must be effective and efficient in meeting daily needs.
- Ordering of approved office supplies.
- Other duties as may be assigned by immediate supervisor
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong writing skills with strong organizational and interpersonal skills and work with little supervision.
- Should be an enthusiastic, professional, co-operative and committed attitude and have computer training and experience with the Microsoft Office Programs.
- Be Creative and demonstrate initiative and commitment to achieving professional information management standards.
- Class 5 driver’s license is considered an asset.
- Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry is a requirement with all applications.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as a team player.
All resumes should include a cover letter indicating your expression of interest.
Submit all Applications to:
Anna Nadine Spence
Interim Director of Human Resources
Family & Community Wellness Centre Inc.
Nelson House, MB R0B 1A0