Read the October 2023 issue of Mithomahcihowin – NCN Family & Community Wellness Centre’s bi-monthly health and wellness news update.
COVID Cases Rising in NCN
Recently there has been an increase in active cases of COVID-19 in NCN. The numbers will continue to rise if precautions are not taken.
If you have symptoms, such as fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, or decreased taste or smell, please test yourself at home. If you need a testing kit, call the FCWC at 204-484-2341.
Do not test at work, which can cause an outbreak. Dirty COVID tests are biohazardous materials and can potentially contaminate others in your workplace.
Stay home if you are sick, and if you test positive for COVID-19, you must isolate for 5 days. Call the public health department at 204-484-2341 so that we can keep track of how many cases there are in NCN.
As medical professionals and scientists have told us, COVID-19 will not disappear, but will continue to appear in waves in communities around the world.
We must take care of each other, especially our vulnerable people who may not be able to fight a COVID infection. Focus on the basics. Wash your hands with soap and hot water whenever you arrive to or return from somewhere. Wear a mask when you return to school or work after your 5
days of isolation.
If you know someone who is isolating due to COVID-19, find out how you can help. Maybe you can drop off a few groceries on their front step.
Remember to stay distanced!
IN THIS ISSUE:
- PERSONAL JOURNEY: Wear Orange Because Every Child Matters
- FAMILY SUPPORT: Check Out Our New Men’s and Couple’s Group Meetings
- COMMUNITY HEALTH: It’s Sniffle Season Again – Keep Healthy!
- Star Blanket given for a Promising Future
- HR Makes the FCWC a Great Place to Work!
- Time to Stop Drinking?
- The Importance of Male Friendships
- Classic Comfort Food: Shepherd’s Pie Edition
- Path to Wellness: Circle of Care and NCN Fitness Centre