Read the February 2021 issue of Mithomahcihowin – NCN Family & Community Wellness Centre’s bi-monthly health and wellness news update.
COVID-19 Vaccinations Continue
Good news for NCN: the second round of COVID-19 vaccination has begun!
About 180 Moderna vaccines arrived on February 22nd, after a short delay announced by the provincial government.
NCN Public Health staff are hard at work coordinating their plans. They have to ensure there are enough vaccinating nurses and stations with lots of time between appointments, to allow for COVID screening, documentation and sanitizing.
This second round of vaccines will be rolled out in the following order:
- Tuesday, February 23: NCN Personal Care Home residents and staff
- Wednesday the 24th and Thursday the 25th: NCN Citizens over the age of 60
- Friday the 26th: NCN Health Care staff
All those who receive a vaccination with be given recovery time at the FCWC, and receive a small bagged snack.
If you are an NCN Citizen over the age of 60 (or their caregiver), you must call ahead to book an appointment at 204-484-2341 ext 128.
Remember to wear a short-sleeved shirt and to bring your Manitoba Health Card to your vaccine appointment!
It is crucial to get your second dose, because it makes the vaccine its most effective. There is no maximum interval between the first and second dose, so if you are unable to schedule during the times listed above, let public health staff know.
NCN will be receiving more shipments of the Moderna vaccine over the next several months. It is currently only available for Citizens aged 18 years and older.
If you’d like to know your position in line for the vaccine, google “government of Manitoba queue calculator.”
Even when you’re vaccinated, you can carry the virus. Please continue to:
- wear a mask
- avoid close contact
- practice good hygiene
IN THIS ISSUE:
- PERSONAL JOURNEY – Anger Management: 10 Tips to Tame Your Temper
- FAMILY SUPPORT – Family Activities to Help you Avoid Coronavirus Cabin Fever
- COMMUNITY HEALTH – Heating Up During Cold Snap
- Wellness Sports Association Makes Plans for Life after Covid
- Together We Can Create a Suicide Safer Community
- Baking With Kids: 15 Tips to Have Fun (and stay sane)
- Oat-Rageous Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- Connection in the Time of COVID
- New Signs Point the Way to Wellness
- Help for Employees Just a Click Away
- Your Path to Wellness: Dreamcatchers Headstart Program
- Your Path to Wellness: Immunization and Vaccination Program
- Your Path to Wellness: The Canadian Prenatal Nutrition Program (CPNP)
- Your Path to Wellness: The Aboriginal Diabetes Initiative (ADI)