Out of control blood sugar can lead to:
- Heart Disease
- Kidney Disease
- Foot Complications
Reduce your risk of diabetes complications:
- Plan meals and make healthy food choices.
- Monitor yourself. It’s more than just your blood sugar.
- Stay active
- Take your medications
- Quit smoking
Diabetes education can teach you how to manage your blood sugar, blood pressure, and cholesterol. Your ADI nurse can help you learn Diabetes Management as a part of your daily life.
When should I seek help?
- When newly diagnosed
- When I detect complications
- When I change doctors
- When I change medications
Learn how to:
- Improve you blood sugar and A1c levels
- Keep you blood pressure on target
- Better manage your cholesterol numbers
DIABETES EDUCATION WILL HELP. REFERRAL SERVICES OFFERED.
Leanna Anderson, LPN
Interim Program Coordinator
Aboriginal Diabetes Initiative
Call: 204-484-2341 ext. 132