EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – (1) Two-Year Term Position
TITLE: Intake Worker –Nelson House Office (SP4)
Salary: $58,254.00- $67,087.00 Annually.
Closing date: March 24, 2021.
The Intake worker is responsible for gathering and screening information to determine whether Child & Family Services are necessary or appropriate. The Intake Worker applies procedures when there is a request for services or a report that a child is or might be in need of protection.
Demonstrated Skills & Abilities
- Assessing complaints of children alleged to be in need of protection as defined by the Child & Family Services Act, specifically including areas of sexual and physical abuse, neglect and parenting capacity:
- Providing protection services to clients, including apprehending children and bringing matters before the court where necessary
- Undertaking family and individual assessments
- Providing therapeutic intervention to parents and children
- Developing partnerships in the community and collaborating with other social services in a community based model of service
- Preparing reports, correspondence and documents for internal and external use
- Participating in case conferences, staff meetings and professional development opportunities both within and outside the agency
- Bachelor of Social Work, other combinations of education and experience will be considered
- Knowledge and experience in applying therapeutic approaches with children and families
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent crisis intervention skills
- Basic computer literacy
- Proven ability to work as an integral member of a team
- Strong time management skills and ability to work effectively under pressure
- Demonstrated experience and skills in working with various ethnic/racial backgrounds with specific focus on the aboriginal issues
- Must possess a valid Manitoba Driver’s License & be able to provide a clean Child Abuse Registry/Prior Contact & Criminal Record Check upon hire
Submit all Applications to:
Anna Nadine Spence
Interim Director of Human Resources
Family & Community Wellness Centre Inc.
Nelson House, MB R0B 1A0