One (1) Term Position
Closing date: September 16, 2020
Salary: $16.00 hourly
The Maintenance Worker will assist with water, sewer, grounds, and housing maintenance for the NCN Nursing Station under the direction of the Medical Transportation Coordinator. The successful candidate will observe excellent quality control of work done at the Fannie Hartie Medical Centre, and with service to clients.
- Perform maintenance duties, including emptying/cleaning waste containers, sweeping interior/exterior areas, vacuuming carpets, cleaning washrooms, replenishing supplies (e.g. toilet paper, hand soap), etc.
- Replace fluorescent lights, and perform minor repairs;
- Cleans, repairs, and services all equipment used in grounds maintenance such as mowers, snowplows, and a variety of hand/power tools;
- Some Heavy lifting as required;
- Complete all necessary reports to the Medical Transportation Coordinator.
- Perform other duties as required, e.g. shovel snow, etc.
- Grade 12 or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods Endorsement
- Occupational First Aid Level 1
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System WHMIS (Must have or be willing to take)
- Basic knowledge of Small Engine Repair
- Operation of essential hand tools
- Basic Carpentry Skills
- Basic Computer Skills
- Pump Maintenance and Repair
- Communication Skills (Verbal and Written)
- Problem-Solving skills
- Organizational Skills
- Clear Criminal Records Check
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
All resumes should include a cover letter indicating your expression of interest.
Submit all Applications to:
Anna Nadine Spence
Interim Director of Human Resources
Family & Community Wellness Centre
Nelson House, MB R0B 1A0