Stopping the Flu – It Starts With You!
GET YOUR FLU SHOT
to be entered for some
The flu is spread from person to person when someone who has the flu virus sneezes, coughs, talks or handles infected surfaces. The flu virus can be inhaled by anyone close by or from infected hands touching your mouth or rubbing your eyes.
To protect yourself, your family and community from the flu:
- Get the flu shot. It’s easy and it’s FREE.
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or use a tissue and dispose of the tissue in a covered trash basket.
- Keep hands away from your face.
- Eat healthy foods and get at least 7-9 hours sleep.
- Clean shared spaces (such as phone receivers, keyboards, door knobs, toys and office equipment) often.
- Do not share personal items such as forks, spoons, toothbrushes and towels and avoid shaking hands, hugging or kissing.
- Avoid crowds or people who are sick.
- Stay at home if you are sick.
FLU SHOT CLINIC TIMES
Tuesday, Oct. 13, 2020 – 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
or evening clinics Oct. 13-16, 4:30 to 7:00 pm
All at the FCWC Public Health Dept.
For more information or to get a flu shot, contact NCN Family and Community Wellness Centre Public Health 204-484-2341