EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: (2) Full-time/Permanent Positions available.
TITLE: Intake Worker – NCN CFS DIA – Thompson Sub-Office
The Intake worker is a member of the DIA team reporting to the supervision of the DIA Supervisor of the NCN-CFS Thompson Amalgamated Office.
DEMONSTRATED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Assessing complaints of children alleged to be in need of protection as defined by the CFS Act specifically including areas of sexual and physical abuse, neglecting and parenting capacity
- Providing protection services to clients including apprehending children and bringing matters before the court where necessary
- Undertaking family and individual assessments
- Providing therapeutic intervention to parents and children
- Developing partnerships in the community and collaborating with other social services in a community based model of service
- Preparing reports, correspondence and documents for internal and external use
- Participating in case conferences, staff meetings and professional development opportunities both within and outside the agency
- The CFS Act
- The Adoption Act
- The CFS Authorities Act
- BSW, MSW degree from a University of recognized standing preferred
- Demonstrated ability to conduct investigations, assess risk and to formulate and carry out service plans in collaboration with the family and other community resources
- Willingness to learn skills associated with child protection
- Knowledge and experience in applying therapeutic approaches with children and families
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Excellent crisis intervention skills
- Basic computer literacy
- Proven ability to work as an integral member of a team
- Strong time management skill and ability to work effectively under pressure
- Demonstrated experience and skill working with various ethnic/racial communities
- A valid Manitoba’s driver’s license
- A criminal record check and Child Abuse Registry is a requirement of all FCWC positions
Salary: Starting at SP1 $ 49,131.00 Annually.
Closing date: September 15, 2023 4:00 p.m.
Submit all Applications to:
Anna Nadine Spence
Director of Human Resource
NCN Family & Community Wellness Centre Inc.
Nelson House, MB R0B 1A0