EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (1) Fulltime/Permanent Position Available
Titles: Unit Supervisor
Location: Winnipeg Sub-Office
- The Unit Supervisor reports to the Director of Operations and provides support, direction, leadership, and guidance for a
- team of case managers and administrative support. The Supervisor ensures compliance with CFS Act, standards and
- regulations within the visions and mission of NCN FCWC. The incumbent delivers services in a culturally appropriate
- manner congruent with Indigenous values and beliefs with focus on Family strength, preservation and reunification.
Demonstrated Skills & Abilities:
- Responsible for the Supervision of case managers of Children in Care and Family Services files by complying with the Child and Family Services Act and Program Standards.
- Provide direction and leadership to workers in assessing family functioning and risk factors to children’s safety and implement intervention plans to address the child protection and family support issues and permanency planning.
- Provide direction and leadership to workers in support, and preserving family unity.
- Provide service delivery congruent with Indigenous ways of being.
- To work cooperatively and effectively with internal and external collaterals.
- Oversee a team of workers in various capacities of employment.
- Bachelor of Social Work, other combinations of education and experience will be considered
- Knowledge and experience in applying therapeutic approaches with children and families
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent crisis intervention skills
- Basic computer literacy
- Proven ability to work as an integral member of a team
- Strong time management skills and ability to work effectively under pressure
- Demonstrated experience and skills in working with various ethnic/racial backgrounds with a specific focus on the aboriginal issues
- Must possess a valid Manitoba Driver’s License & be able to provide a clean Child Abuse Registry/Prior Contact & Criminal Record Check upon hire
Closing date: February 12, 2024
Submit all Applications to:
Director of Operations
NCN Family & Community Wellness Centre Inc.
1450 Wellington Ave. Winnipeg, MB R3E 0K5