Title: Interim Gym and Fitness Coordinator
The Gym and Fitness Coordinator oversees the safety and cleanliness of the gym. Ensures that the equipment and machines are in excellent working condition and available. The FCWC Gym and Fitness Coordinator would supervise two casual staff bases and scheduling.
Demonstrated Skills & Abilities
- Have an inviting personality to ensure that community members enjoy their experience at the gym
- Responsible for resolving problems and complaints very quickly
- Responsible for the training of the gym staff. Please keep track of their attendance and delegates work to the specific people
- Handle complaints and incidents, e.g. accidents, emergencies and theft.
- Monthly reporting detailing incidents and gym usage.
- Designing and promoting activities to meet community needs
- Delivering some fitness training or coaching in sports activities – is often a good way of maintaining contact with community members.
- The Gym and Fitness Coordinator is responsible for checking the equipment and other facilities offered by the gym.
- Ensure the equipment is in excellent working condition and call or perform maintenance when necessary.
- Carry out health and safety checks on the equipment and site
- Must be interested in health, fitness and going to the gym.
- Must be personable and relate with the staff and community members.
- Must have extensive knowledge of the use of the facilities and equipment
- Obtain and maintain first aid and CPR certification skills
- Experience working with children
- Experience in customer service is an asset
- Must have well-developed analytical skills, problem-solving skills, organizational skills, and written and communication skills
- Must be able to work cooperatively with members of the unit and other areas of the FCWC
- Must have a high level of integrity and professional integrity and professional initiative
- The ability to speak an aboriginal language would be an asset
- A valid Manitoba’s drivers license
- A criminal record check and Child Abuse Registry are required for all FCWC positions.
Closing date: July 20, 2022
Shift: Monday – Friday 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Submit all Applications to:
Anna Nadine Spence
Director of Human Resources
Family & Community Wellness Centre Inc.
Nelson House, MB R0B 1A0
Phone: 204-484-2341 Fax: 204-484-2341