Home and Community Foot Care Nurse – RN/LPN 1 Year Term
The Nisichawayasihk First Nation is seeking an FT/P Home & Community Care Nurse. Working within the context of a client & family-centered health care delivery model, based on a philosophy of self-care management and following the vision and values of the Family and Community Wellness Centre Inc. and in accordance with CRNM/CLPNM, Canadian Nurses Association Code of Ethics, and Manitoba Health. The nurse will comply with the practice standards, service delivery plans, delivery, and evaluation of the care needs of acutely, chronically, and terminally ill clients in the community settings, initiating referrals to other professionals or agencies where required.
Demonstrated Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of and skilled in acute care and community health nursing
- Advanced nursing assessment and care plan maintenance skills
- Ability to adapt clinical and professional skills to the home and community settings
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to prioritize needs and organize work to accomplish workload
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to speak Cree would be considered an asset
- Active Registration with the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba or College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Manitoba registry.
- Two years experience as a Home Care Nurse or an equivalent combination of training, education and experience.
- Knowledgeable of community-based programming and First Nations culture, traditions & values is considered an asset.
- Valid Driver’s License, BLS/CPR & satisfactory criminal record check & child abuse registry check.
- Wound Care certification would be considered an asset
- Foot care certification/training would be considered an asset
- Must possess a valid Manitoba Driver’s License & be able to provide a clean Child Abuse Registry/Prior Contact & Criminal Record Check upon hire
If you are a resident of Thompson, transportation is provided daily to and from Nelson House.
The hours of operation are Mon – Fri 8:30 to 4:30 p.m.
Salary: $ 74,476.00 – $77,365.00 Annually.
Closing date: July 11, 2022, 4:30 p.m.
Submit all Applications to: Anna Nadine Spence
Director of Human Resources
Family & Community Wellness Centre Inc.
Nelson House, MB R0B 1A0
Phone: 204-484-2341 Fax: 204-484-2341.