Location: Nelson House Head Office
The Emergency Duty worker reports to the Family Enhancement Supervisor and is responsible for providing services to CFS clients who require Child & Family Services. The job description includes assessment, crisis intervention, supportive counselling, development of service plans, and assistance with basic needs, advocacy and referral.
Demonstrated Skills & Abilities:
- Provides emergency services to families as part of a family services team;
- Must investigate child abuse and neglect referrals
- Must be able to assess the risk for child safety
- Must determine NCN CFS involvement and a safety plan for families in crisis
- Must be able to plan and conduct interviews with people who display a broad range of emotions
- Must be able to organize, present and record information in a clear, concise and timely manner
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be able to de-escalate crises and recognize risks to the safety of clients and take timely actions to respond
- Must be willing to work non-traditional hours
- Bachelor of Social Work or an alternate Bachelor level social work degree from an accredited university.
- Other levels of education and experience may be considered
- Valid Manitoba Driver’s license
- A criminal record check, prior contacts check & child abuse registry and a check are requirements for all employees.
Salary: Starting at $34,712.86 annually.
Closing date: November 14, 2023.
Submit all Applications to: