EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: (1) Full-time/Permanent Position available.
TITLE: Case Aide – Thompson Sub-Office
Responsible for providing services to the CFS clients who are in need of Child and Family Services. This includes assessment, crisis intervention, supportive counseling, development of service plans, assists with basic needs, advocacy and referral services. The case Aide provides a complete range of case coverage responsibilities to a team of front-line workers (child protection, child in care, and assessment) as well as providing supportive services to children, youth and parents.
Demonstrated Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledgeable in the Child and Family Services Act
- Computer applications related to the work
- Managing multiple tasks, often with completing deadlines
- Handling difficult and sensitive situations, using sound, independent judgement within specific guidelines and regulations
- Developing a report with collateral groups to convey information and communication client needs effectively to supervisor, foster parents and co-workers
- BSW degree preferred or equivalent education and or experience
- 2-5 years’ experience within child and family service environment
- Commitment to the circle of Care Model and other FCWC service design
- Commitment to and knowledge of culturally competent/sensitive delivery issues
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must be able to work co-operatively with members of the unit and other areas of FCWC employees
- Must have a high level of personal integrity and professional initiative
- Ability to speak an Aboriginal language would be an asset
- A valid Manitoba driver’s license
- A criminal records check and Child Abuse Registry check are requirements of all FCWC employment positions Must have well developed analytical skills, problem-solving skills, organizational skills, and written and communication skills
- Must be able to work cooperatively with members of the unit and other areas of the FCWC
- Must have a high level of integrity and professional integrity and professional initiative
- The ability to speak an aboriginal language would be an asset
- A valid Manitoba’s drivers license
- A criminal record check and Child Abuse Registry is a requirement of all FCWC positions
Salary: Starting at SP1 $ 49,131.00 Annually.
Closing date: September 15, 2023 4:00 p.m.
Submit all Applications to:
Anna Nadine Spence
Director of Human Resource
NCN Family & Community Wellness Centre Inc.
Nelson House, MB R0B 1A0