This position reports to the Case Management Supervisor and is responsible for providing services to CFS clients who are need of Child and Family Services. The Case Manager also completes the assessments, crisis intervention, supportive counselling, and development of service plans, assists with basic needs, advocacy, and referral services.
Demonstrated Skills & Abilities
To organize, present and record information in a clear, concise, complete, accurate and timely manner which allows a third party to understand the reason for a decision or the need for further action; maintain case files in compliance with the standards, policies and procedures of the Child and Family Services System.
To prepare documentation to support special needs applications, out of home placements, services to families, and all other documentation requirements to serve the needs of the child and Family.
To assess risk for child safety and conduct child development and Family functioning assessments.
To implement, to evaluate and to adjust case plans in collaboration with the client and others to establish goals and meet diverse client and Family
- Bachelor of Social Work, other combinations of education and experience will be considered
- Knowledge and experience in applying therapeutic approaches with children and families
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent crisis intervention skills
- Basic computer literacy
- Proven ability to work as an integral member of a team
- Strong time management skills and ability to work effectively under pressure
- Demonstrated experience and skills in working with various ethnic/racial backgrounds with a specific focus on the aboriginal issues
- Must possess a valid Manitoba Driver’s License
- Provide a clean Child Abuse Registry/Prior Contact & Criminal Record Check upon hire
Salary: $59,198 to $68,201 Annually
Closing date: August 4, 2023 4:30 p.m.
Submit all Applications to:
Anna Nadine Spence
Director of Human Resources
Family & Community Wellness Centre Inc.
Nelson House, MB R0B 1A0